Search for Programs and Apply at
Triton Globetrotter

UMSL Study Abroad is hiring a Student Assistant


  • Advise interested students with basic program information, both in person and via email;
  • Market study abroad opportunities: assist with classroom presentations, information tables, event planning, and other study abroad marketing activities;
  • Create and maintain brochures, flyers, e-newsletter, and similar materials (graphic design skills preferred);
  • Maintain application files using Terra Dotta software;
  • Help to prepare orientation materials;
  • Office duties such as copying & scanning;
  • Other projects and duties as assigned.

Office Hours: 8-5 M-F
Hours per Week: 10

Preferred Experience

Study Abroad returnee or significant international experience; previous leadership experience; experience working in the UMSL system; competence with graphic design software preferred. Candidates must be able to work independently on daily tasks. Must be able to commit to at least two semesters and summer availability.

To Apply

Send a resume, cover letter, availability, and answers to the following questions to

  1. Why do you want to work as a student assistant in the Study Abroad Office? How do you think you can contribute to the overall mission of international education?
  2. Please list any study abroad or international experience.
  3. What kind of customer service and/or public speaking experience do you have?
  4. Please list your computer, office, and graphic design skills.
  5. How many semesters longer will you be a student at UMSL?

Application Deadline: March 13
Start Date: ASAP
Contact: Nate Daugherty,

Subscribe to Our Mailing List



Are you an UMSL Study Abroad returnee who was in the news? Send a link to your story to

Triton Travel

If you are traveling outside of the United States in a capacity that is not a traditional study abroad program but in some way still related to UMSL, you need to register your travel with the Office of International Studies & Programs. This includes:

  • Independent research abroad
  • Traveling with a faculty member
  • Traveling with an UMSL student organization
  • Traveling for a conference
  • Any international travel sponsored or funded by UMSL

Register your travel with Triton Travel - it only takes 10 minutes.

If you have questions, contact UMSL Study Abroad at or 314-516-7195